What is this course about?
WHAT IS A CV?
A curriculum vitae (CV) is a document that gives a summary of job seekers past and current career history, academic qualifications, CPD. The phrase ‘curriculum vitae’ is Latin for ‘the story of your life’. CVs are valuable and important for this reason alone it should be carefully thought out, designed and written so that it makes an immediate positive impact on key decision-makers. Your CV should have:
- Your personal and professional values,
- Summary of who you are,
- Chronology of work experience,
- Clearly show those strengths and experiences that are most relevant to the job you are applying for
- What inspires you
- How you would fit into the company/organisation.
What should a CV include?
- Personal summary / Career objective
- Career history
- Academic qualifications
- Areas of expertise
Apart from applying for jobs, a CV is also useful for:
- Your experience and achievements
- Areas of development and strengths
- Target and goals
- Setting the agenda for any future interviews.
This course will focus on 3 key Areas
- Developing an outstanding CV
- In a CV presentation is everything
- Keep your CV short and sweet
- Keep your CV up to date
2. Interview Techniques – what to say and not say.
- Research the industry and company.
- Clarify your "selling points" and the reasons you want the job.
- Anticipate the interviewer's concerns and reservations.
- Prepare for common interview questions.
- Line up your questions for the interviewer.
- Practice, practice, practice.
- Score a success in the first five minutes.
- Get on the same side as the interviewer.
- Be assertive and take responsibility for the interview.
- Be ready to handle illegal and inappropriate questions.
- Make your selling points clear.
- Think positive.
- Close on a positive note.
- Bring a copy of your resume to every interview.
- Don't worry about sounding "canned".
- Make the most of the "Tell me about yourself" question.
- Speak the right body language.
- Be ready for "behaviour-based" interviews".
- Send thank-you notes.
- Don't give up!!
3. Professional Development Portfolio (PDP) See document.
Complete our masterclass PDP, collate, organise and present a portfolio/folder of evidence so that potential recruiters, employers can see the value that you can bring to the table. Sometimes interviews can be daunting or stressful. However, by producing a PDP, this will showcase all your achievements and ensure you are not just talking about your experiences and why you should be given the position but the ‘proof will be in the pudding’ /evidence that you show-case on the day.
My strategies are based on the Pareto principle of 20/80 which show you how you can smash those observations, be in demand / go to teacher and also how to successfully demand a pay rise…
You will also receive FREE 1-2-1 coaching and Skype/zoom sessions.
Free support and consultations.
Free masterclass resources.
Terms and conditions apply.
With the increasing emphasis on continuing professional development for teachers and all educational practitioners, the use of portfolios to plan, chart, and review professional development is now widespread.
Drawing directly from my two decades of experience of developing portfolios and portfolio-based assessment, and from current research, this module will enable you to design and plan a portfolio, chart and analyse relevant professional experiences, reflect critically on practice, assess performance against standards and competencies frameworks, present evidence of practice and achievements, and plan your continuing professional development.
And remember when you invest in this training, there’s absolutely NO RISK.
All of the risks are on me (as it should be).
Because I have a lenient 100% satisfaction guarantee.
That means if you invest in the training, and you don’t absolutely LOVE IT, you can ask for a full refund. No hard feelings.
Oh, by the way, did we forgot to mention, we give you All this for a £197
WITH OVER TWO DECADES OF EXPERTISE GAINED IN THE GLOBAL EDUCATION SECTOR, MR. M. SIDAT IS AN EXPERIENCED LEADERSHIP AND ACADEMIC EXPERT, DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION, SENIOR EDUCATION CONSULTANT, COACH, TEACHER and CAMBRIDGE EXAMINER
See you on the other side.
On a mission to help 1000,000 teachers build the career of their dreams and ‘get a life’.
Academica Mentoring - Teacher Training Provider of the Year 2019 (LPA)
+ 447725 974831